UPDATE 10/1/2019: It looks great! 

UPDATE 8/30/2018: It took three tries with VistaPrint to get it right. The first attempt was my fault. I missed the fine print that the actual image will be resized to fit the 12 in square clear door decal even though my uploaded Adobe psd file was setup for that (see below). The printed capacity label was enlarged to 6 in. instead of 4.

For the second attempt, I created an image that filled the 12 in sheet. Six red labels and two capacity. These were closer but still too big. This time I learned that the actual image must be square or the printer will stretch the final product.

For the final attempt I made sure it was square and met their specs to the letter. VistaPrint came through! They worked with me to get a decal that is printed to scale at no extra charge. I just needed to be patient and persistent.  🙂 🙂

By the way, I always checked the proofs and printed them on my printer and they looked fine.


There were two small decals in the cockpit that were nearly illegible and the capacity plate is very faded. Based on what was in the info I received from Boston Whaler, I was able to reproduce all three using Photoshop. VistaPrint has car decals on a clear material so I ordered these for about $13 with shipping!

I plan on flipping the capacity plate over and polishing it before attaching the new decal.

Scroll Up