Break in the Weather

I took advantage of a long awaited 50 degree day to start reinstalling the woodwork.

The new anchor locker cover fit perfectly. The original bolts for the hinge will need to be replaced. The seats aren’t screwed down yet as I need to order 60 bronze silicone screws.

Started on the tables in the cabin but it got dark to early.

Time to Dry

It’s been a busy week. In preparation for hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year, I installed a new 220 volt heater in the garage.

Truth be told, I also needed it because I knew I would be varnishing and painting all the wood on the boat. As you can see, it took a lot of room to spread everything out. I originally planned to do this in the basement. I’m so glad I didn’t. The fumes would have been too much inside. I also have a high-speed fan to help move the air around.

I’m using Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Clear Gloss on all the mahogany, teak and even the backside of the raw plywood laminates that came from the factory unfinished.

Scroll Up